Saturday, March 1, 2008

Week 15: Does anyone really enjoy being pregnant?

Am on a dip in the roller coaster tonight and wondering if other pregnant women know something I don't? A lot of women around me say how wonderful it is/was to be pregnant, and I am seriously curious about what I am missing. I am not finding it wonderful at all, in fact, I would like nothing more than to be done with it now, and not have another 25 weeks or so to go.

Spent my Friday night at home in front of TV on my own. The H had a work thing. I was invited to join some friends to go to a punky bar in Camden, which normally would be just my thing, but didn't have enough energy to trek all the way there, knowing I'd probably like to go home again a couple of hours later. So been wallowing in my loneliness and boredom a bit.

Thing is that I find it incredibly boring to be pregnant.... it negatively impacts my energy levels, my social life, my holiday plans, my fitness regime, my mood, my everything.....

BUT and this is important, I wouldn't want to "undo" the pregnancy, no way. I am genuinely very happy that the H and I can and will start a family together (touch wood all goes well). I am also very greatful that we are able to get pregnant at all in the first place. Nothing to take for granted at my age (or any age really), so don't want to sound too much of an ungreatful and selfish bitch (just a little bit...)

It is just that I see these 40 weeks as a neccessary evil that I have to go through for a big reward at the end and not something to enjoy, and if all those women who say the love/d being pregnant really mean/t that, please fill me in on your secrets!

My mum said "it is going to be nine very long, and very tough months..." when she found out that I was pregnant....

As always, Mum knows best.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey honey, it is hard work being up the duff, it takes ages, you worry all the time, you get bored of the do's and dont's, people want to touch your tummy (particularly tough if you aren't showing yet and like me I was just fat!)you get sick of wearing the same clothes all the time, you become a I crazed psycho and you don't know why, you feel sick most of the time, you then feel starving when you don't feel sick, you need to wee constantly, you can't sleep, your legs ache and all you think you want to do is get drunk. But it is the most amazing 40 weeks+ of your entire life, your body will stun you by creating and keeping the most the precious thing ever alive. You will be made a fuss of where ever you go and make sure you enjoy every minute of it, cause when the shrimp comes along, you fade away!
You will look back and remember the good stuff I promise, I had to really think to remember the stuff at the top of this comment.
x

Roller Coaster said...

Aaaah anonymous, that is such great advice AND good to hear that I am not alone in feeling bored/fed up etc. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

I do know that the reward is well worth it, and am also starting to appreciate not having hangovers etc, and starting to adapt my lifestyle a bit more. Just have to accept that I don't have the energy to do all the things I used to do before, so have to start saying no to stuff... adds to the feeling of being boring, but can't be helped...

I will bite the hands off people trying to touch my stomache though.... (Thinking of this now, I seem to remember having done this to you, and others - I am so SORRY! I didn't understand!!! I do now....)

RC XX

Anonymous said...

I just wish I was in the country so I could see you sober! haha. Do you remember when we were out, it was the moon eclipe and your nephew was over with his girlfriend. I managed to stay out until about 11pm, you were all hammered and I couldn't stay any longer, C, was pissed off cause I wanted to go and he want to teach Andreas more drinking games, now you know what it is like! drunk people, god love them, are boring. When we are drunk we talk about the same old shite, over and over again. You will be pleased to know that I have resumed such drinking pleasures and will be waiting for you, when ever you are ready, with beer and wine and lots of shite to tell you!

Roller Coaster said...

Ha ha ha - I remember that night very well, and I felt for you then, and I feel even more for you now... Well, you will see me sober in your country fairly soon.... and I can't wait until we are both wearing the drinking boots again. Bad timing on our part me thinks...

xx