Wednesday, March 26, 2008

An ode to all the single mums-to-be - and the H!

It was 4 years ago yesterday that the H and I met for the first time on the dancefloor of our favorite indie London joint... Went out to celebrate last night with dinner at our favorite restaurant (Ciao Bella, best Italian in London!) and a show (The 39 steps - very well made and funny!) and some nice and thoughtful presents going both ways.

It got me thinking how incredibly lucky I am to have found such a great partner, and even though I sulk and moan sometimes about that I have to do the majority of the work in the pregnancy stage - he is as supportive and involved that he is biologically capable of being... always there, sharing and helping as much as he can.

My thoughts then went out to all the women who are doing this on their own... I am in awe. I am realizing that there are plenty of other support to get from friends and family etc, but it still must be pretty lonely and tough when all those hormones are playing with your mind, and you don't have a partner there to hold your hand, and be part of the whole experience. Hang in there, all superwomen out there, and get help whenever and whereever you can!

And the H - you are simply the best!

No comments: