Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Week 8: Dehydrated Vampire...

I am very lucky because so far (knock on wood) I haven't had to throw up. I am feeling constantly nauseus though. Especially triggered by smells like scented candles, fried food, garbage, smokers, alcohol smelling husbands.....

However, I now know that I never knew what tiredness was before. I know we hear about this from pregnant women (not to mention new parents... I guess this is just a boot camp to get ready...) all the time, but it IS quite mindblowing. Read in "the book" (I got this book that tells you week by week what happens) that there would normally be 3% of my blood stream going to my uterus, when pregnant that increases to 25%..... wow. Even though everything in the body speeds up now, blood moves quicker, metabolism is higher etc (although I know I will be big as a house anyways) that has got to be exhausting, all that blood travelling through to the little shrimp. He/She is also extraordinarily thirsty... i am constantly dehydrated and need to fill up on water every two minutes.

I think the shrimp must be a very dehydrated vampire....

No comments: