Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Week 11: Sursnipa

Not even going to attempt to translate this word; Sursnipa. Inside joke to my Swedish friends. But what it means is that I have been a bitter and twisted bitch this week. Totally true. The H got the most part of the rage (although should apologize to scared looking young Polish receptionist at the gym as well... a couple of people at work, friends... well everyone really).

On Thursday, the normally very considerate Husband said "A couple of drinks after work, then I'll be home for dinner" which eventually turned into him and a colleague falling into the house around midnight then having some wine and snacks in the kitchen talking with those extremely loud voices that drunk people use when they think they are quiet....

Four things sursnipan doesn't like about this:

1. I like to know when the H is having a big night so I can make counter plans
2. I like to sleep, and can't sleep until the H is in bed with me (not his fault this one though, even sursnipan realizes this)
3. I get insanely jealous that he can still have a fun social life (I would have normally joined him and his colleages, can't help feeling a bit isolated and left out, is it really fair that men only have to provide a short moment of pleasure to create a life, and women take ALL the rest until the baby is born? Can't we expect some social consideration at least)
4. Then finally, I feel bad about nr 3, as I would so much like to be the bigger person and be ok with the H having a good time without me... possibly the worst feeling of them all.

I promised myself never to become a "Sursnipa".... however that was in the days when I was the girl in the pub hearing about guys "boring wifes/girlfriends" who never wanted to go out or for them to be out having fun.....

The other shoe isn't very comfortable at all....

No comments: