Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Week 6: Twin Peaks


First party to attend, as pregnant, this week, and as we are not ready to share, have to come up with a good excuse to not drink. Good thing it is January - a lot of people go on detox this part of the year, so that was my excuse..... Think they even went for it.....

The H promised not to get too drunk, so that I could have someone to talk with, that kind of worked for about 1/3 of the party - then he joined the other mentally retarded group of incoherent and weird people.

Before I write anything else, you need to understand that I am an equally big party person as the H, and most of my friends. I surround myself with people that like to have fun and we usually, all of us, get into that weird state of alcohol induced stupidness. So I have no high horses to sit on.

So this is just a finding. Being sober around drunk people is downright scary. Not to mention boring as you can't really talk with them, when they escape into that weird state of mind where only other drunk people can reach them.

Like being behind the red curtain of Twin Peaks really.....

No comments: