Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Week 7: Sharing the news with BB

Agreed with the H, that it would be ok to share the great news with my best buddy, BB. So during a loooong walk and an even looooonger lunch I got to talk and talk and talk about the changes, and get supportive advice from wise BB. It was pure bliss. She may not have her own children yet, but knows more about the process than most mums... and her sweet involvement in the whole adventure is heartwarming.

My husband is GREAT to talk with, best in the whole wild world, but let's face it... he is a man... and other than the H, we have only shared with our parents, and whilst both my mum and the mum in law are also very supportive, it is more than 35 years ago they had their last babies (= the H and I...) so their insights is limited (however the mum in law is quite well read on most subjects including child birth and asked me if I had considered a pool birth, when I said no, she said she didn't blame me, as wouldn't you be scared of the baby drowning? Very cute :-).

No comments: