Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Week 10: The NHS is run by vampires!


Had our first midwife appointment today including an ultrasound scan. We thought we were having a baby, but we really are having a shrimp! About 3 cm long shrimp. Amazing. Also found out we are one week less than we thought so can’t do any of the dreaded tests this week.... Have to wait another two weeks.

The H is convinced that vampires are running the hospitals in England... they took four containers of blood for me, and he reckons that 75% of that goes straight to the vampire queen.

I do hope they are not planning to keep our little vampire shrimp when it's born?

Vampires or not, very sweet and competent midwifes. Very impressed. Also, a fairly new hospital wing that doesn't feel like the 3rd world (like any other NHS experience I have had during my 9 years in blighty) and best news of all, I don't have to go back to my awful GP in that dirty looking house with the most stupid receptionist of all times... they can send me to a local health centre in between hospital visits. Y ippey! It can only be better!!

No comments: