Saturday, August 16, 2008

Week 39: Yes I KNOW I am not the first woman giving birth....

Have to share some frustration with this one saying that everyone around me seems to think is comforting right now:

"Well, just think that you are not exactly the first woman to give birth"

alternatively:

"It's the most natural process in the world"

F*** Off!!!!!

It is the FIRST time for me and I don't want to feel like a failure/strange/unusual if I am struggling to cope with it. There.

On the other hand - I do take comfort in the thoughts of labour, however painful, is a natural process and will have an end - hopefully a very Happy End as well (not like other pain where you don't know where it is coming from and/or will end which will enhance the fear factor) I just don't want to have to feel like I am a failure if I don't cope well with the whole process once it starts..............

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FAILURE? I don't get this now, why would YOU ever be a failure in ANYTHING you do??

wierd woman, pregnant woman.

appreciate that the whole birth-giving thingie is a scary thought though, you will do FANTSTICALLY, however you do it.

hejaheja

Anonymous said...

FAILURE? I don't get this now, why would YOU ever be a failure in ANYTHING you do??

wierd woman, pregnant woman.

appreciate that the whole birth-giving thingie is a scary thought though, you will do FANTSTICALLY, however you do it.

hejaheja

Lottski said...

Exactly. More pressure is *not* what birthing women need!

Forgive the management speak here, it's not about the process but the outcome. And the outcome will be gorgeous no matter what the process. Keep your eye on that ball, so to speak ;-)

That said, I hope it's as smooth as it can be and that you get all you need to feel safe and comfy. Hope for a good one but prepare for a tough one and you'll be alright mate. All thumbs are held and fingers are crossed and I can't wait to hear the good news.

Yep, I'll say it to HejaHejaHejaHeja!

Roller Coaster said...

Lovelies! :-)

Am prepared for the worst, and good management speak advice there Lotta :-) There IS a beautiful end to focus on, so will do my best to keep that in mind!

Will keep you updated!

XX