Saturday, August 30, 2008

Cocooning

Baby E has now been with us for five days and we are loving every minute of it. Yes, we are sleep deprived and are having more "constructive" discussions than usual, but generally just.... happy... and fighting to get "Baby E time" :-) The H has two weeks paternity leave and then she is just mine... ha ha ha.

I had NO idea that I would be so utterly in love from the start. I thought it would take some time, as I have not been that interested in new born babies before, but baby E is very interactive, cuddly, cute and just the sweetest. Just lying with her on my chest is pure bliss... She is an angel and so far very easy to handle (knock on wood...). Breastfeeding is working just fine, and I am also healing psysically quite well. Went out for our first walk outside the house today for example and made it all the way to the pub down the river for lunch. So we are slowly slowly starting to withdraw our cocoon and enter the real world together.

Many many thanks for all the lovely messages, flowers and gifts from our friends and family around the world by the way! Baby E certainly feels very welcomed to this world outside my womb!

No comments: