Thursday, August 14, 2008

Top 10 of what I want to do when not pregnant anymore...

Generally still enjoying being off work and usually able to get quite a lot done in a day but today I am very tired and lethargic and haven't been able to get myself out of the house, which immediately results in feeling a bit bored and lonely as a consequence...

So, amusing myself with thinking of what I want to do most when not pregnant anymore:

1. Get to know this new little person inside me finally, and see what s/he looks and is like...
2. Skiing.... off piste.... in the alps.... am looking at some nice options with nanny services (a bit early but hey!) for the 2nd week in March (week 11) - who wants to join us???
3. Diving.... we are seriously craving a "real" holiday, so in addition to skiing the H is looking at diving alternatives to Egypt where we can bring the in-laws who have offered to help with some baby sitting whilst we are under water :-)
4. Running and other fun, vigurous exercise... Body Combat, Dance classes, stuff that takes your breath away and involves a lot of jumping around.... London Triathlon August 09 anyone?
5. Going out with the H and friends for a fun, carefree night out with lots of drinking and silly dancing....
6. Just going out for a nice meal with a fair amount of good wine.... and cheese board... and seafood...
7. Having the energy to do all of the above, and not falling asleep at 22.00 at night...
8. Travelling to new, exciting places
9. Sleeping on my stomache....
10. Not having a squeezed bladder, heartburn and cramped lungs

I will miss the movements and kicks in the bump though... that's for sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh lovely. there are apparently women who have separation anxiety attacks after having given birth! but I would think it is mostly a strange but lovely 9 months, that must come to an end for the very normal life that you describe! I have decided to run Stockholm Marathon if you're up for it?! Might do the triathlon too. you are also very lucky to have in-laws dive-sitting for you!

BB
xxx

Roller Coaster said...

Strange but lovely is a good way of describing it - some days a total nuisance when all I can think of are all the things I cannot do (and struggle with heartburn, constipation etc not-so-niceties) and others it is just plain lovely... Am ready to let go of the bump now though!!

Marathon is not for me - too far for one thing, ran a half marathon the other year and that was far enough for me in one go! Triathlon much more my kind of thing as you do different things. We'll see! Would need to buy a new bike...

Yep, we are lucky to have dive-sitters :-) Very much so! Also lucky to have the super doula close by for moral, practical, and fun support! :-)

xx