Friday, April 10, 2009

May I go to the gym pretty please?

What I am finding the hardest about being a mum after 38.5 years of total independence, is that I am no longer the boss of my own time.... the H is very much a teamplayer, wanting to spend time with baby E, and help me to get some "me-time" but even so, I constantly feel as if I am asking for permission to do something and obviously have to work with his schedule as well.

So the old life of being the boss of my own time is gone for the next 18 years or so... and that is probably what I am finding to be the most difficult change.

1 comment:

Åsa Dahlqvist said...

It's not only me-time. I have to fight daily to keep some "me-area". There is a constant mum-search at home:
- Where's mum?
- In the bathroom.
- Knock-knock...
- Mum...
- Yes...
- How much time are you going to spend in there?
- I don't know.
- May I come in?
- No!
- Please...

It is nice to be surrounded by fans, but sometimes it can be kind of suffocating.