Saturday, November 14, 2009

Stuck in the US of A...

So our flight had to turn back to the US and sort of emergency land at JFK as one of the engines had died... I say sort of as it was like a normal landing but obviously not where we were meant to land and they weren't all that worried about it. Sort of not really an emergency. More of an invonvenience. We were then shipped to a gritty Holiday Inn to sleep and are now hanging around the lobby waiting to know when we can get back in the air again.

I started crying when I heard as I was counting the hours to see little E again and got so sad when it was postponed further for me.... I have to "harden the fuck up" as all these tears aren't really my style but it was really emotional to not be able to cuddle up with little E this morning either.... but I guess focus should be that I am safe, and not rutting away at the bottom of the Atlantic somewhere...

All in all this week has been really good - I have thoroughly enjoyed only having to worry about myself, me me me!!! for the first time since E was born, and also to sleep through the nights... Going to the toilet on my own is also a lovely experience, something I've spent too many years not appreciating before E :-)

But now... I really just want to get back to her, cuddle, play, cuddle, play... and every hour they keep me away is hurting me now... Come on Branson!!!! oh... news announced... we need to move to the airport for further information... tbc