Saturday, May 30, 2009

I want it all... I want it all... I want it ALL, and I want it NOW!

The Queen of Queen said it best... "I want it all..."

Am at a stage now when I am starting to feel a bit restless, and very very bored with the "baby talk" and baby actitivities that fills our day. I think a lot about returning to work - i.e finding a job as I am out of contract, and am currently finetuning my CV. Am procastinating a bit though, as am also not at all sure how on earth I can combine an interesting job with being there for baby E or how I can even manage emotionally, to outsource the care of her during the daytime... All my previous jobs, have been quite demanding, long hours and lots and lots ot travel, which I normally like, but with baby finding hard to accept.... but also, don't want to step too far down the career ladder either, as that would feel like a failure. There has got to be a way to combine career and family life right!??

I have to believe that I can have it all somehow. Just need to figure out how.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you have a husband who, from what I read, will support you and you have enough money to pay for good childcare so I think you will be fine. Remember that many people survive the hard times and even enjoy their lives without the above two things.

Roller Coaster said...

So true anonymous, so true. I have said it before on this blog and I'll say it again, CUDOS to single parents making it on their own and also to less fortunate than us (we are pretty spoiled to be honest..)

So called "I'lands problem" as we say back home on the farm! :-)