Monday, May 12, 2008

Week 25: Personality change

Have been in Stockholm over the weekend for a hen do for one of my "wonder woman" friends, we can simply call her "craaaaaazy" :-) Such a fabulous weekend with fantastic weather, lovely group of girls and fun activities. One of these activities was a "Fangarna pa Fortet" type treasure hunt (Fort Boyard or something like that in the English version) at Vaxholms kastell on a beautiful island outside Stockholm. This is highly competitive and involves running between different stations and completing the tasks correctly and within the time limit given.

In my mind I was running at the front egging my group on.... driving to win, whatever the cost... as I always am when there is a competition going on... but my body didn't agree with that... my body said "we need to walk at the end of the group, maybe jog just a little bit, and for some of the tasks, we will have to sit down and rest"... Really weird. My mind is the same as it has always been (except a bit soggier at times...) but the rest of me don't follow its' lead anymore.... Weird.

Also had time to meet up with another group of friends for a lovely picnic in the sun on the sunday. Same group of people as always, but with lots of new, tiny people.... a bit of a different dynamic than usual, dads pretending to be horses with little people on their backs, birthday cakes with a small persons foot print in the middle of it etc etc. Really really nice to meet up with all the great friends with or without the little people additions though and was a bit sad to leave Stockholm this time.

However, when I came home the H and I had a lovely dinner in our newly upgraded garden and looked at the stars, and it felt great to be home as well.

Life is pretty good, even with this new personality!

No comments: